"Conditioning by 2"(7.7.2011)
I. New Definition of Fitness:
“The New Definition of Fitness” – James FitzGerald
– One’s definition of fitness creates the landscape for the programming, evolution and progression of the fitness journey; when the defintion states a “knowing” (i.e. increase WCTBTAMD), there are limits created; just as if too broad, (i.e. complete a task) there can never be argument on the meaning.
– What are your biases towards the defintion? what is the history behind creating and finding a meaning for the world of fitness? what are the 8 value added steps to creating a definition of fitness?
– If increased work capacity was NOT the main goal of fitness as it is not for a lot of people, would you change your thinking and design of fitness programs; i.e. if one was to bias a program design and that made a person more strong, more enduring or more powerful and more “fit” under the new definition of fitness, who are we to say they are not as fit? is it only based on our biases and definition of fitness
-Where does longevity, skill acquisition, hormonal health, injury, illness, organ health sit in the defintion of who is fit and what fitness means?
– how do you create your own definition of fitness and where to go from there?
II. Dynamic Mobility Warm-Up:
3 Rounds of:
15 Air Squats
III. Mobilization Prep Warm-Up:
1. 90 Degree Quad Stretch- 3 Minutes each leg
2. Foam Roll/Lacrosse Ball quads and hamstrings- 2 Minutes each
IV. Conditioning Workouts of the Day:
A. “Tabata Skills” 20:10 x 8 Rounds for each movement:
Plank Holds on Wall Balls
*The athlete will do tabata wall balls, then rest for 10 seconds, then do the plank holds on wall balls, like we did last week at the gymnastics class that your performed. In total the workout should be 8 minutes long with 8 sets completed for each movement.*
B. 3 Sets for time of:
20 Unbroken Kettlebell Swings @ 55/35
20 Unbroken Burpees
*Go as hard and fast as possible*
Post Time to Complete to Comments.