"Functional Stability/Mobility Seminar on Saturday + No Yoga Class on Wednesday, but Regular Group Class @ 7:35 pm"(8.14.2013)
*Schedule Update for Speciality Classes this Week*
1. Wednesday, August 14th, 2013:
No Yoga Class(Regular 7:35 pm Class instead)
Vagabond CrossFit On Ramp Beginners Class Starts Monday, August 26th, 2013. Contact us for more information and to sign up. These sell out fast, so get in contact as soon as possible to reserve your spot today.*
On Ramp is a prerequisite and will prepare you to safely complete a regular class. These classes run 3 times a week for two weeks. The next open on ramp will begin Monday, August 26th, 2013. There are no more than 5-7 people per session so that we can ensure our athletes get the attention they need and can graduate feeling confident in their ability and knowledge of CrossFit. If you would rather complete the On Ramp individually or if these days and times don’t work for you, then we have a 5 session personal training option as well. These personal training sessions will also prepare you in movements and progressions like the class. If you are not sure which is the best path for you to take in order to reach your fitness goals please call us and make a free appointment for and assessment with one of our certified trainers. Other questions email us at [email protected] or call us at 508 930 8734. Classes fill up quickly, so contact us as soon as possible to reserve your spot today.
Click HERE for Pricing Page and Specials for the Beginner’s Class.
*Vagabond Mobility In-Service on Saturday, August 17th @ 10:00 am*
● Difficulty reaching overhead, pain when squatting, can’t touch your toes? If you answered YES to any of these, this inservice will help. Decreased shoulder and upper back mobility as well as tight hips and ankles are common in many people and can greatly reduce one’s ability to safely perform everyday functional movements and can limit higher level athletic performance.
● In this free 1-hour inservice, you will learn how to improve shoulder, upper back, hip and ankle mobility using dynamic and static stretching techniques, foam rolling and corrective exercise techniques.
● A joint by joint approach will be used to teach simple but practical exercise techniques that can be performed anywhere.
● Space is limited to 15, please contact Kevin to register.
● Inservice by Sarah Anestam, MS, PT, co-owner of Functional Fitness and Physical Therapy, LLC, in North Easton.
Contact Kevin to reserve spot thru [email protected]
I. Dynamic and Mobility Prep Warm-Up
Competition Phase Warm-Up
Lifestyle + Fitness Phase Warm-Up
3 minutes of z1 work
3-5 minutes of movement prep
*ankles, hips, t-spine
3-5 minutes of workout prep
TGU + waiters walk
II. Phases Strength and Conditioning
A. Lifestyle Phase
Press Intense + Bend Intense + OTMEM
A. Push Press @ 11×1, 3-5 repetitions x 3 sets, rest 2 minutes between sets.
B. Romanian Deadlift @ 30×1, 6-8 repetitions @ moderate weight x 3 sets, rest 2 minutes
C. Perform the following of:
3 Minutes of Airdyne
rest 1 minute
6 Minutes of the following:
6 ring rows
rest 1 minute
3 Minutes of Airdyne
B. Fitness Phase
Squat CP + Core + Upper Body Push + OTMEM
A. High Bar Back Squat @ 20×1, @ 90%, 1 rep x 5 sets, rest 2 minutes between sets.
B. Abmat Sit Ups, 20 repetitions, rest 45 seconds x 5 sets,
C1. Push Press, AMRAP 30 seconds x 5 sets @ 95/65, 75/45, rest 30 seconds
C2. Step Down Box Jumps, AMRAP 30 seconds x 5 sets, rest 30 seconds
C3. Wall Balls, AMRAP 30 seconds x 5 sets, rest 60 seconds
Jerk Intense + Snatch Mod + Upper Body Push Intense + Upper Body Push Battery
A. Push Press Cluster, 1.1 x 5 sets, rest 3 minutes between sets.
Work to moderate to heavy weight for this cluster. Compare to August 7th, 2013 of 1.1.1
B. Fat Bar Close Grip Bench Press @ 22×1, 1-2 repetitions x 5 sets, rest 2 minutes between sets.
C. 15-12-9 of:
Handstand Push Ups
Hand Release Push Ups
Post Comments to Nutrition Page.