"Lactate Power(Lifestyle) + Lactate Endurance(Fitness) for Friday"(8.9.2013)
Vagabond Mobility In-Service on Saturday, August 17th @ 10:00 am*
● Difficulty reaching overhead, pain when squatting, can’t touch your toes? If you answered YES to any of these, this inservice will help. Decreased shoulder and upper back mobility as well as tight hips and ankles are common in many people and can greatly reduce one’s ability to safely perform everyday functional movements and can limit higher level athletic performance.
● In this free 1-hour inservice, you will learn how to improve shoulder, upper back, hip and ankle mobility using dynamic and static stretching techniques, foam rolling and corrective exercise techniques.
● A joint by joint approach will be used to teach simple but practical exercise techniques that can be performed anywhere.
● Space is limited to 15, please contact Kevin to register.
● Inservice by Sarah Anestam, MS, PT, co-owner of Functional Fitness and Physical Therapy, LLC, in North Easton.
Vagabond CrossFit On Ramp Beginners Class Starts Monday, August 26th, 2013. Contact us for more information and to sign up. These sell out fast, so get in contact as soon as possible to reserve your spot today.*
On Ramp is a prerequisite and will prepare you to safely complete a regular class. These classes run 3 times a week for two weeks. The next open on ramp will begin Monday, August 26th, 2013. There are no more than 5-7 people per session so that we can ensure our athletes get the attention they need and can graduate feeling confident in their ability and knowledge of CrossFit. If you would rather complete the On Ramp individually or if these days and times don’t work for you, then we have a 5 session personal training option as well. These personal training sessions will also prepare you in movements and progressions like the class. If you are not sure which is the best path for you to take in order to reach your fitness goals please call us and make a free appointment for and assessment with one of our certified trainers. Other questions email us at [email protected] or call us at 508 930 8734. Classes fill up quickly, so contact us as soon as possible to reserve your spot today.
Click HERE for Pricing Page and Specials for the Beginner’s Class.
I. Dynamic and Mobility Prep Warm-Up
Competition Phase Prep
handstand walking work
Lifestyle + Fitness Phase Prep
3 minutes of z1 work
3-5 minutes of mobility work
*ankles, hips, t-spine
3-5 minutes of workout prep
5 Goblet Squats
20 second plank hold
5 Wall Angels
II. Phases Strength and Conditioning:
A. Lifestyle Phase
Core/Elbow Flexors + Lactate Based
A. Weighted Side Bridge x 18 seconds/each side x 4 sets, rest 20 seconds between each side.
B. DB Powell Raises @ 30×1, 8-10/each arm x 4 sets, rest 30 seconds between each arm.
C. 5 Sets of the following:
1 Minute on the Clock:
18 Calorie Airdyne(Men)/14 Calorie Airdyne(Women)
Remaining Time Complete As Many Repetitions of:
Barbell Thrusters @ 75/45 or DB Thrusters
Rest 4 minutes between sets
B. Fitness Phase
Lactate + Core
A. 5 Sets of the following:
7 touch n go deadlifts @ moderate weight
10 Lateral Burpees
Sprint 100 Meters or Sprint 100 Meters on Rower(If Raining Outside)
Rest 3-4 minutes between each set
B. Accumulate 3 Minutes of Unweighted Plank Holds. Break up into sets as needed.
C. Competition Phase
Clean Intense + Front Squat Intense + Clean Tech + Single Leg/Upper Body Push
A. Power Clean @ 85%, one rep on the minute, every minute for 12 minutes.
B. Front Squat @ 20×1, 1 rep @ 90% x 5 sets, rest 3 minutes between sets.
C. Squat Clean + Push Press @ 155 lbs/100 lbs, 1 rep x 8 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
D. Barbell Step Ups @ 11×1, 6-8/each leg x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
E. Muscle Ups, every 90 seconds, complete 3-4 repetitions x 9 minutes
Post Comments to Nutrition Page.