"MAP Session and Free Intro Class on Saturday"(10.18.2012)
Day 4 of the Vagabond No Grain Challenge!
*Free Introduction Class on Saturday, October 27th. EMAIL US or Just Show Up at this time to try Vagabond Performance(CrossFit) Out.*
*Vagabond CrossFit On Ramp Beginners Class Starts Monday, November 5th, 2012. Contact us for more information and to sign up. These sell out fast, so get in contact as soon as possible to reserve your spot today.*
On Ramp is a prerequisite and will prepare you to safely complete a regular class. These classes run 3 times a week for two weeks. The next open on ramp will begin November 5th. There are no more than 4-6 people per session so that we can ensure our athletes get the attention they need and can graduate feeling confident in their ability and knowledge of CrossFit. If you would rather complete the On Ramp individually or if these days and times don’t work for you, then we have a 5 session personal training option as well. These personal training sessions will also prepare you in movements and progressions like the class. If you are not sure which is the best path for you to take in order to reach your fitness goals please call us and make a free appointment for and assessment with one of our certified trainers. Other questions email us at [email protected] or call us at 508 930 8734. Claases fill up quickly, so contact us as soon as possible to reserve your spot today.
Click HERE for Pricing Page and Specials for the Beginner’s Class.
I. Dynamic and Mobility Prep Warm-Up:
7 minutes of mobility prep
*ankles, hips, t-spine, scap. retraction
3 rounds of
10 double unders x 10
powell raise x 3-5/side
goblet squat x 5 @ 52X0 *focus on vertical torso
II. Lifestyle Phases Strength and Conditioning:
A. Fitness and Lifestyle Phase:
MAP High Percentage: Rowing Intervals
Row 500 Meters @ best pace @ high effort, but sustainable
Rest 10 Minutes
Row 30 seconds x 10 sets @ 500 meter pace from above, rest 45 seconds between sets.
Rest 10 minutes
50 Burpees for time to 4 to 6 inch target. Go under pull up system and reach for bars.
B. Competition Phase:
A. Aerobic Restoration
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Swim (this is my first choice, and if you have an ocean, even better)
* Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
B. Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker (ART, Graston, acupuncture, etc…)
C. Inflammation Maintenance
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc….
D. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
E. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.