"Schedule for Weekend @ Vagabond + Vagabond Partner No Grain Challenge"(9.5.2014)
*Vagabond Schedule for the Weekend*
1. Saturday, September 6th, 2014: 9 am Lifestyle + Fitness Phase Class
2. Saturday, September 7th, 2014: 10 am Competition Phase Class
3. Sunday, September 8th, 2014: 9 am to 11 am Open Gym
4. Sunday, September 8th, 2014: 10 am Vagabond Powerlifting Class
The next Partner No-Grain Challenge starts September 29th!
- Teams of two will submit $20 each to participate ($40 per team).
- Teams must be male/male or female/female
- Corrin, Heather or Kevin will take measurements, weights and “before” and “after” pictures for the women
- Kevin will take measurements, weights and “before” and “after” pictures for the men
- Each participant will take part in a testing workout before and after the challenge
- The challenge is meant to improve your performance and drop body fat in the process. The testing working will be done first week after photos and measurements. And then repeated once the challenge is done.
I. Dynamic and Mobility Prep Warm-Up:
Lifestyle + Fitness Phase Prep + Competition Phase Prep
3 minutes of z1 work
3-5 minutes of mobility work
*foam roll thor spine + lumbar spine*
3-5 minutes of workout prep
goblet squats x 5 reps
wall angels x 5 reps
airdyne 7 cals
II. Phases Strength and Conditioning:
A. Lifestyle Phase
Bend Speed + PC/Single Leg + Core + Quick Hitter Aerobic(Increase This Effort Every Week)
A. Deadlift, 80%, 2 reps x 5 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
People who have hip hinging issues, must perform KB Deadlifts and practice pushing butt and hips back, 10-12 reps x 5 sets
B1. Back Extensions @ 30×1, 10-12 reps x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
B2. DB Box Step Ups @ 11×1, 8/each leg x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
C. 3 Rounds for time of the following:
15 Calories on Airdyne or 10 Assault Bike
15 Russian Kettlebell Swings
15 Calories on Rower
B. Fitness Phase
Bend CP + Bend/Upper Body Push + LP2
A. Deadlift Clusters @ 85%, 1.1.1 x 3 sets, rest 15 seconds between each cluster/rest 2 minutes between sets.
Go up from last week
B1. Strict Press @ 22×2, 2-3 reps x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
Go Up from last week
B2. DB Bent Over Row @ 22×1, 8 reps/each arm x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
C. 4 Sets of the following:
20 Seconds of AMRAP Deadlift @ 40% of 1RM
rest 10 seconds
20 Seconds of AMRAP Box Jumps Overs @ 24/20 inches
rest 10 seconds
20 Seconds of Airdyne/Assault Bike
Rest 4 Minutes between sets
C. Competition Phase
Back Squat Intense + Snatch Intense + Clean and Jerk Moderate + Posterior Chain/Posterior Chain + Quick Hitter
A. High Bar Back Squat @ 20×1, 65% x 5 reps x 5 sets, rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
Use same weight as Monday, September 1st
B. Power Snatch @ 65%, 3 rep touch n go x 5 sets, rest 2 minutes between sets.
C. Clean and Jerk @ 75%, 1 rep x 6 sets, rest 2 minutes between sets.
D1. Romanian Deadlift @ 80% of best clean, 5 reps @ 22×1, x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
D2. Weighted Back Extension Cluster, 5.5.5 x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
Rest 20 seconds between each cluster
Post Comments to Group Page.