"Tempo and Task Time"(7.1.2011)
I. Schedule for the Holiday Weekend:
Friday, July 1st, 2011: 5:30 am, 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 4:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm
Saturday, July 2nd, 2011: 9:00 am, 10:00 am
Sunday, July 3rd, 2011: Gym Closed
Monday, July 4th, 2011: 10:00 am Class Time- Take advantage as we will be one of the few Gyms Open!!
II. Great Advice from a Great Man, James “OPT” Fitzgerald:
The key to the training there is to figure out what works best for you for that time period, what is required for the time period (task) and how do you deal with it; knowing this over time will make it easier for you when I Rx 60-90 sec of work at a certain %, you’ll know EXACTLY how to do it, with what, and why some folks “resonate” in that time frame as you see, others do not – this allows NO judgement or if you can or cannot but a better understanding of why you are the way you are and WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO to make that better – i.e. better judgement of weight to get the right response? better recover periods to ensure you “train” that area and not “drain” it? an idea of where you are right now for that period relative to life/training/sleep/etc…?
1. Could you do it all day?..then maybe the speed and effort was not there to elicit what was required
2. Could you not repeat the power?…maybe your limiter is your recovery b/t sessions..usually a life/food/sleep thing (look back at everyone that points out “good sleep last night”…they most NEVER complain of a poor workout production)
3. Could you change the movements and get a better response?..maybe your limiter is the movement efficiency
– Maybe you can’t “go there”…?..that is fine as well, but help your adrenals and go to bed and get up the same time EVERY day, get off coffee, eat “lower” carb most of the time, supplement with the right shit, do a brain dump and let go of the shit you need letting go of that your ego is holding onto, lie on your back 2x daily for 5 min and belly breathe to help the nervous system, turn off the computer and TV and phone and Ipad and games 2 hours before bed…and stay with us, you’ll persevere!
III. Dynamic Movement Prep Warm-Up:
3 Rounds of:
Gymnastics Kipping Swings x 10 reps
Pike Sit-Ups x 10 reps
Box Jumps x 10 reps
Run 100 m
IV. Mobilization Prep Warm-Up:
1. 3 Way Shoulder Stretch- 3 Minutes in Total each arm
2. 1 Minute Squat Test x 4 sets x 1 Minute Rest Time
V. Conditioning Workouts of the Day:
A. Box Jumps Running Clock x 10 repetitions x 7 sets @ 90%(Zone4)
*Rest 20 seconds between each set*
*No Jumping off the box, you must open hips fully on box, and then step down under control.*
B. 7 Rounds for time of:
5 Hang Power Snatches @ 115 lbs/80 lbs
7 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
Hang Power Snatches @ 75/45
Hang Power Snatches @ 95/65
Hang Power Snatches @ 115/80
Post Time to Complete to Comments.