"Vagabond Mobility Seminar @ 10 am on Saturday"(2.21.2014)
*Schedule for the Weekend Classes*
1. Saturday, February 22nd, 2014: 9 am Lifestyle + Fitness Phase Class
2. Saturday, February 22nd, 2014: 10 am Mobility Injury Prevention Seminar
3. Saturday, February 22nd, 2014: 11 am Competition Phase Class
4. Sunday, February 23rd, 2014: 9 am to 11 am Open Gym Format
5. Sunday, February 23rd, 2014: 9 am Vagabond Gymnastics Class
Easy Techniques to Improve Mobility and Prevent Injury
Saturday February 22nd 10am Vagabond CrossFit. Free Seminar
● Difficulty reaching overhead, pain when squatting, can’t touch your toes? If you answered YES to any of these, this inservice will help. Decreased shoulder and upper back mobility as well as tight hips and ankles are common in many people and can greatly reduce one’s ability to safely perform everyday functional movements and can limit higher level athletic performance, such as CrossFit.
● In this free 1hour inservice, you will learn how to improve common shoulder, upper back, hip and ankle mobility issues using dynamic and static stretching techniques, foam rolling and corrective exercise techniques.
● A joint by joint approach will be used to teach simple but practical exercise techniques that can be performed anywhere.
● Space is limited to 15, please contact Kevin to register.
● Inservice by Sarah Anestam, MS, PT, coowner of Functional Fitness and Physical Therapy, LLC, in North Easton.
Jason’s First Muscle Up
I. Dynamic and Mobility Prep Warm-Up
Competition Phase Prep
Butterfly Pull Ups(no more than 5 at a time)
90 Degree Quad Stretch(2 minutes/each leg)
Lifestyle + Fitness Phase Prep
3 minutes of z1 work
3-5 minutes of mobility work
*ankles, hips, t-spine
3-5 minutes of workout prep
good mornings x 5 rep
double unders x 10 reps
push ups x 3 reps
air squats x 5 rep
II. Phases Strength and Conditioning:
A. Lifestyle Phase
Press Intense + Single Leg + Posterior Chain/Single Leg + Aerobic Tester(8-10 Minute Duration)
A. Light Close Grip Bench Press, 6 sets of 3, rest 30 seconds between sets.
Concentration on Form + Speed out of the bottom
B1. DB Tricep Extensions, 6-8 reps x 3 sets, rest 1 minute.
B2. Weighted Plank Holds, 40 seconds x 3 sets, rest 1 minute.
C. 12 Minute AMRAP of the following:
30 Second Airdyne
7 Ring Rows
10 DB Strict Press @ moderate weight
B. Fitness Phase
Bend Intense +Upper Body Pull/Upper Body Push + Posterior Chain
A. Deadlift, work to a heavy set of two, this is not a maximum!! Just go to where it feels heavy, but not a max.
B1. Barbell Bent Over Row, 4-6 reps heavy x 4 sets, rest 1:30 minute.
B2. Zotman Curls @ 30×1, 8-10 reps x 4 sets, rest 1:30 minute.
C1. Back Extensions, 10-12 reps x 4 sets, rest 1 minute.
C2. DB Bench Tricep Extensions, 6-8 reps x 4 sets, rest 1 minute.
C. Competition Phase
Oly Tech Work + CP Battery Oly + High Muscular Endurance GYMN + Lactate Endurance-Tester(Non-Opens)
A. Split Jerk @ 185 lbs/125 lbs, on the minute, every minute x 10 minutes x 1 rep
B. 3 reps on the minute, every minute on the minute x 8 minutes of Bar Muscle Ups
C1. Pendalay Barbell Bent Over Row, 6-8 reps x 3 sets, rest 1 minute.
C2. Hand Release Push Ups AMRAP x 25 seconds x 3 sets, rest 1 minute.
Post Comments to Nutrition Page.