"Vagabond Olympic Lifting + Sarah Anestam Mobility In-Service"(5.12.2014)
Saturday May 17th – 10am Vagabond CrossFit
- Difficulty reaching overhead, pain when squatting, can’t touch your toes? If you answered YES to any of these, this inservice will help. Decreased shoulder and upper back mobility as well as tight hips and ankles are common in many people and can greatly reduce one’s ability to safely perform everyday functional movements and can limit higher level athletic performance, such as CrossFit.
- In this free 1-hour inservice, you will learn how to improve common shoulder, upper back, hip and ankle mobility issues using dynamic and static stretching techniques, foam rolling and corrective exercise techniques.
- A joint by joint approach will be used to teach simple but practical exercise techniques that can be performed anywhere.
- Space is limited to 15, please contact Kevin to register.
- Inservice by Sarah Anestam, MS, PT, co-owner of Functional Fitness and Physical Therapy, LLC, in North Easton.
*Vagabond Olympic Lifting Class on Monday, May 12th @ 6:35 pm. CLICK HERE FOR WORKOUT.*
I. Dynamic and Mobility Prep Warm-Up:
Lifestyle + Fitness Phase + Competition Phase Prep
3 Minutes of Zone 1 Work
3-5 Minutes of Foam Rolling/MyoFascia Release
3-5 Minutes of Prep Work
100 M Run
5 Goblet Squats
15 Strokes on Rower
II. Phases Strength and Conditioning:
A. Lifestyle Phase
Squat Intense/Upper Body Pull + Upper Body Push/Elbows Flexors + Aerobic Conditioning(Mono)
A1. Front Squat @ 20×1, 7-9 reps x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
Go Up in Weight from April 28th
A2. Weighted Supinated Pull-Ups @ 30×1, 2-3 reps x 3 sets, rest 1:30 between sets.
RX: Weighted Supinated Pull-Ups
Intermediate: Negative Pull-Ups(3-4 reps)
Beginner: Ring Rows, 8-10 reps
A3.. DB Bench Press Heavy, 4-6 reps x 3 sets, rest 1 minute between sets.
C. 4 Rounds of the following:
Run 200 Meters
Airdyne 15 Calories
12 Goblet Squats
B. Fitness Phase
Press Oly Intense + Squat Intense/Upper Body Pull + Single Leg/Upper Body Pull
A. Power Clean + Push Jerk @ Moderate Weight x 3 sets, rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
B1. High Bar Back Squat @ 30×1, 5-7 reps x 3 sets, rest 1 minute between sets.
B2. Weighted Pronated Pull-Up Cluster, 1.1.1 x 3 sets, rest 1 minute between sets.
C1. DB Back Reverse Lunge Step @ 11z1, 4-6 reps x 3 sets, rest 1 minute.
C2. Pendalay Barbell Bent Over Row @ 30×1, 4-6 reps x 3 sets, rest 1 minute between sets.
D. Turkish Get-Ups, 3/each arm x 3 sets, rest 1 minute between sets.
C. Competition Phase
Back Squat Intense + Front Squat Moderate + Snatch Moderate + Snatch/ Muscle Up Work Enduro
A. High Bar Back Squat, 78%-83%, 4 reps x 4 sets, rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
B. Front Squat @ 22×1, 50% 5 reps x 5 sets, rest 1-2 minutes between sets.
C. Squat Snatch, 75%, 1.1.1 x 4 sets, rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
D. AMRAP 16 Minutes of the following:
Axle Bar Front Rack Lunges @ 60 Feet @ 135 lbs/85 lbs(Up and Back in Gym)
40 Wall Balls @ 20/14
30 Push Press @ 135/95 lbs
20 Box Jumps @ 30 inches/24 inches
AMRAP Muscle-Ups Remaining Time
Post Comments to Group Page.