WOD for Tuesday 1-24-2012
“Goin’ old school with the split snatch!!”
3 Easy Rounds of…
1 Minute Rope Skipping
10 PVC Overhead Squats
10 Sprawl Balls (w/ 10# MedBall)
Skills & Drills:
– Intro to the Split Snatch
– What is it? Why do we need to learn it?
– Review of split snatch technique
– Split Snatch Progression Drills
I. Split Snatch*: 3 sets of 3 reps at 60% of 1RM Snatch
II. Snatch (Full Squat): 7 single attempts to work up to a 1RM for the day
* For those who are new to the Oly Weightlifting Class, you will substitute Hang Power Snatches for the Split Snatch part of the WOD.