WOD for Tuesday 1-31-2012
Matt S. shows the perfect finishing position for the Split Snatch. He is in a good “stacked” position with the barbell, his shoulders and hips in perfect vertical alignment. His shin on his lead leg is at a 90 degree angle to the floor and the weight on his back leg is balanced on the balls of his foot.
– 3:00 of row, skip or Airdyne
– Burgener Progression
– Jerk Drives
– Snatch drops
Snatch Technique Work
– 2 Position Snatch @ light weight (no more than 50%) every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. First rep is pulled from the high hang, second rep from the ground.
– 3 sets of 3+1 Reps @ 75% (Note: 3 + 1 means perform 3 Cleans and then a jerk from the shoulders immediately following the last clean)
– 3 sets of 2+1 Reps @ 80-85%
– 1 set of 1 rep. @ 90%
– Complete a total of 25 “High” Box Jumps, not for time! Step down after each rep. Focus is on exploding from the hips with minimal arm involvement.